[Gate-users] LET Actor Giving Strange Results?

Andreas Resch resch.andi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:24:09 CET 2021

Hi Cassandra,

LETt,d is an averaged value, so summing it along one dimension if you score
a 3D map is not the same as scoring a 1D map. So the two curves should not
look the same.

There is the option "doParallelCalculation"  giving you the numerator and
denominator separately. If you sum those up individually and afterwards do
the division you should end up in the same result as the 1D output. See
also here:
https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tools_to_interact_with_the_simulation_actors.html#let-actor
note that the denominator is actually the dose distribution in your case.

cheers,
Andreas