[Gate-users] DoseActor not recording any dose (empty 0's files)

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Mar 3 21:07:27 CET 2021

another idea: the position of the actor, within the BluePhantom2 volume:
setPosition is according to the coordinate system of the box BluePhantom2
(its center). (/gate/actor/doseMeasurement/setPosition XXX)
if it is wrong, for example outside the box, it will never score ...

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:42 PM G Tom <gregthom992 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all. thanks David. I will start checking volumes one by one and
> report back.
>
> GT
>
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 2:20 PM David Sarrut <
> David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> hard to say, please check any overlap in the volumes? If a volume A is
>> included in a volume B, but not defined as a daughter of B, it may be
>> ignored by Geant4 ...
>> Maybe start with as few volume as possible and add them one by one to
>> check ...
>>
>> HTH,
>> David
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:47 PM G Tom <gregthom992 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am using GATE version 9.0 (March 2020), Geant4 version Name:
>>> geant4-10-06-patch-02    (29-May-2020)
>>> My phase space files that produce the source particles are from IAEAphsp
>>> files and the headers look like this:
>>>
>>> $RECORD_CONTENTS:
>>>   1   // X is stored ?
>>>   1   // Y is stored ?
>>>   0   // Z is stored ?
>>>   1   // U is stored ?
>>>   1   // V is stored ?
>>>   1   // W is stored ?
>>>   0   // Weight is stored ?
>>>   0   // Extra floats stored ?
>>>   0   // Extra longs stored ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> GT

>> --
>> David Sarrut, Phd
>> Directeur de recherche CNRS
>> CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1294
>> Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
>> 28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
>> Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
>> http://dsarrut.github.io <http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut>

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1294
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://dsarrut.github.io <http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut>
 "2 + 2 = 5,  for extremely large values of 2"