[Gate-users] problem with time resolution in optical photon simulation

Maxime Toussaint Maxime.Toussaint at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Dec 17 22:43:57 CET 2021

Greetings,

I am not sure what you want exactly, but one of the step would be to extract/save the arrival time of the scintillation photons. Did you follow the steps described in [1]? If you look into your root file, the optical branch is empty which should not be the case.

After that, you will need to use the arrival time of the scintillation photons to estimate the arrival time of the annihilation photon. With a quick look at the documentation, it seems that you could use the digitizer to do that part.

Note: I have simulated optical photons once in my life. Thus, my suggestions might be invalid/wrong.

Bests,
Maxime Toussaint

[1] https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/generating_and_tracking_optical_photons.html?highlight=optical%20photon#optical-system

________________________________
De : Gate-users <gate-users-bounces at lists.opengatecollaboration.org> de la part de Amir Beheshti <amir_be2002 at yahoo.com>
Envoyé : 17 décembre 2021 02:59
À : gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org <gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org>
Objet : [Gate-users] problem with time resolution in optical photon simulation

Dear Gate users,

I have a mac file which aim is to calculate the time resolution of LYSO crystal in various models for example different surfaces and reflectors. At this point, I don't know how to extract specific data of the time resolution of crystals. Would you please help me how I could calculate time resolution? I send  mac files as attachments.
My simulation includes two LYSO  crystals and a point source of 511 kev at the center between them.

Thanks a lot