[Gate-users] Actor type: FixedForcedDetectionActor does not exist!

Gábor Légrádi gabor.legradi at 3dhistech.com
Sat Oct 10 00:41:34 CEST 2020

Dear All,

I am new to GATE. Until now, I have been playing with vGATE, on Virtual Machine. Now I am testing my newly compiled GATE on my host machine. I tried to execute a macro which runs properly on vGATE. You may find it in GateContrib Github folder: https://github.com/OpenGATE/GateContrib/tree/master/imaging/CT/fixedForcedDetectionCT .

On my host Gate can not accomplish this line:
/gate/actor/addActor FixedForcedDetectionActor ffda
Warning message:
<!> *** WARNING *** <!>  Actor type: FixedForcedDetectionActor does not exist!

And then, naturally, ffda can not be attached and Gate stops with error:
/gate/actor/ffda/attachTo                     world
[G4-cerr] command </gate/actor/ffda/attachTo                     world> not found

Any hint?

I installed the whole stuff on Ubuntu 20.04. Here are my notes about the installation:

**** GEANT4 ****
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt  install cmake

Downloaded and unzipped: https://geant4.web.cern.ch/support/download -> GNU or Linux tar format, compressed using gzip (33.2Mb, 34833550 bytes)

[...]

cmake command:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/lg/geant4.10.06.p02 -DGEANT4_INSTALL_DATA=ON -DGEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_EXPAT=OFF /home/lg/work/geant4.10.06.p02

make -j4
make install

**** ROOT ****
sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libxpm-dev libxft-dev libxext-dev libssl-dev (elvileg dpkg-dev cmake g++ gcc binutils már fenn vannak)

Binary loaded from here and extracted: https://root.cern/install/all_releases/ -> Release 6.22/02 - 17 Aug 2020

**** GATE ****
sudo apt install cmake-curses-gui
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
sudo apt-get install libc6-dev libssl-dev dpkg-dev debhelper fakeroot libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev

Downloaded and extracted: https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate/archive/v9.0.zip

[...]

cd gate_v9.0
ccmake ../Gate-9.0-dwnld

Then I set these settings:
BUILD_TESTING: ON
CMAKE_BACKWARD_COMPATIBILITY: 2.4
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE: Release
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX: <IT WAS SET PROPERLY>
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH: <NONE>
GATE_COMPILE_WITH_NATIVE: OFF
GATE_DOWNLOAD_BENCHMARKS_DATA: ON
GATE_USE_DAVIS: OFF
GATE_USE_ECAT7: OFF
GATE_USE_GEANT4_UIVUS: ON
GATE_USE_ITK: OFF
GATE_USE_LMF: OFF
GATE_USE_OPTICAL: ON
GATE_USE_RTK: OFF
GATE_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP: OFF
GATE_USE_TORCH: OFF
GATE_USE_XRAYLIB: OFF
Geant4_DIR: <IT WAS SET PROPERLY>
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH: <NONE>
ROOTCINT_EXECUTABLE:  <IT WAS SET PROPERLY>

g: Generate and exit

make -j4
make install

source /home/lg/root/bin/thisroot.sh
source /home/lg/geant4.10.06.p02/bin/geant4.sh
export PATH=$PATH:/home/lg/gate_v9.0/bin

Gábor Légrádi
Product Development Manager
3DHISTECH Ltd.
H-1141 Budapest, Öv utca 3., HUNGARY
Jabber: gabor.legradi at 3dhistech.com
Phone: +36 1 467-5600
Fax: +36 1 445-0920

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information and should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (3DHISTECH Ltd., info at 3dhistech.com) immediately and erase this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any form of copying, dissemination, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication or any action taken in reliance on this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. Moreover, to the extent that a non-disclosure agreement exists between 3DHISTECH Ltd. and you, the recipient, the contents of this email and any attachments hereto are governed by the terms of said non-disclosure agreement and are considered confidential and proprietary to 3DHISTECH Ltd. as defined by such agreement. Any form of copying, dissemination, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message without preliminary permission is strictly prohibited.