[Gate-users] resolution

zahra fathi zahrafathi1371 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:23:36 CEST 2020

Hi
I simulated a cylindricalPET system with the GATE 8.2 and I have root
output from it. Then I installed STIR4 and GATE_PET_2_STIR.
I gave my geometry and output file and got the .s and .hs files.
Then, using fore+FBP2D did the reconstruction.
But when I want to calculate the resolution in different radial offset, it
is very different from Previous measured results.
I simulated my macro file according to the GATE_test_macro in the STIR but
it still has a good resolution in the center and gets very bad at 5mm and
10mm radial offset.
Why does the resolution change so much with a slight change in the radial
offset?