[Gate-users] Running one macro after another

Moo, Joshua joshua.moo at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 12:33:59 CET 2020

Hi all,

I would like to run a simulation where a source is moved across a detector at different positions. I would only like to have outputs when the source is at discrete positions (so any motion/velocity of the source does not need to be included in the simulation). My idea is to run the macro once, change the source position and re-run the same macro. However, this would be very time consuming if the step size of the detector is very small. I wanted to ask if there's any way to do this automatically? Perhaps running several macros after another which each one having a different source position. I've tried this by running a macro consisting of :

/control/execute position1.mac
/control/execute position2.mac
/control/execute position3.mac

but GATE gives me "GateSourceMgr::CheckSourceName : ERROR : source name <source1> already exists error. Perhaps I need to clear all source initialisations before running the next macro?

Regards,
Joshua