[Gate-users] How to simulate Lu-176 in LSO crystal

Albert Grace Lieu albertnew2018 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:41:18 CEST 2020

Thanks, Bryan for the clarification.

I definitely misunderstood the command "confine" earlier. Now it seems
clear to me, but it comes with a couple of concerns. It looks like you
created a very large Lu176 source to encompass/embody your crystals. But by
confining the source to crystal_P, does it mean that the source is only
activated within crystal_P and outside crystal_P the source is not
activated?  If so, how can the source strength inside crystal_P be
correctly calculated and implemented?

My second question is, why does "confine" recognize crystal_P as the
assembly of all crystals created with repeaters, but "attachTo" command
does not recognize crystal_P at all?  Meanwhile, crystal only represents
the very first one crystal created with a repeater. Is this an internal
bug?  If "attachTo" recognized crystal_P, then none of these would have
become a problem. I really want to bring this up to the attention of the
developers.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Albert