[Gate-users] Voxelized phantom: Range translator issue

Ignacio Romero iromero7 at ucmerced.edu
Fri Jun 5 06:57:58 CEST 2020

Hello Gate users,

I am having issues with a range translator. I am trying to perform a cbct
reconstruction of a voxelized breast. However I obtain incorrect
reconstruction values. It looks like I am recovering the values from the
8-bit encoded values (ie 150) and not the values of the material (ie.
breast) because the contrast from the reconstructed volume appears much
greater for those voxels that have higher encoded values. This is my range
translator file [1]. This is my phantom.mac file [2]. Please let me know if
any of you have had similar troubles. Thank you for your time and I hope to
hear from you soon.

Best,

Ignacio Romero
Bioengineering PhD Candidate