[Gate-users] Maximum Particle Number

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jan 29 15:22:07 CET 2020

Hello,

yes currently limited to 32bits number, somewhere deep in the code ... You
probably need to split your simulation into several jobs.

David
PS: if someone wants to dig and investigate where is the limitation in the
code, he/she is welcome!

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 3:07 PM Svetlana Shasharina <sveta at txcorp.com>
wrote:

> Dear Tom,
>
> I think you will need independent simulations with different random seeds.
>
> Best,
>
> Svetlana
>
> On 1/29/20 7:05 AM, Russ, Tom wrote:
> > Dear Dimitris,
> >
> > thank you very much for your help!
> > Unfortunately, I think this might not be possible in my case.
> > I want to simulate CT projections and use a general particle source
> (GPS) where I directly have to give it the number of primaries.
> > Besides I also think I cannot substitute the GPS with an activity source
> because I am using Gatelab, which (as I understood it) necessitates the use
> of the command 'setTotalNumberOfPrimaries'.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tom

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1206
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut