[Gate-users] Towards Gate 9.0

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Feb 19 08:28:07 CET 2020

Dear all,

We are currently preparing the next Gate release, version 9.0, based on the
current Geant4 release 10.6. This version includes a bunch of novelties
compared to the previous 8.2 version (hence the jump in version number).

Please, if you want to include new feature or bug correction in this
version, *submit your PullRequest (PR) asap*. We usually ask to have one PR
with source code only in the main Gate repository, another PR with one
example in the GateContrib repository, and some documentation changes via
readthedocs <https://opengate.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>. In any case, do
not hesitate to contact us for any help, we are happy to help !

*For all*: please we need help to perform tests. Gate is a large beast and
we still do not have a proper unit test system (working on it). This is
simple: download and compile the branch "develop" and test it with your own
simulation to see if anything is fine. Please, report us is anything seems
strange. On our side, we have some benchmarks but they do not cover all the
parts of Gate. Continuous integration
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration> on github via Azure
is currently being implemented (thanks to Thomas!) and will be ready soon.

In advance, many many thanks to all recent contributors: Fatima, Anders,
Mathieu, Thomas, David, Marta, Loic, Sam, Christian, Mateuz etc ... I am
sure I forget people, sorry ... I will properly update the list of
contributors in the following weeks :)

The ETA for the next release is early March.

David

--
David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS