[Gate-users] Gate settings for Linac photon beam simulation

Hartmann, Matthias Matthias.Hartmann at hirslanden.ch
Thu Dec 17 09:23:14 CET 2020

Dear Gate-user,

I want to simulate a simple 6MV photon open field (defined by jaws) beam in a water phantom, using a phase space as source.
I selected emstandard_opt3 for the physics list, 2x10E9 total number of primaries and a voxel resolution of 4x4x4mm.

I would expect a more or less smoothed pdd and dose profiles. In comparison with measurements, I get the following result:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6D456.3E6BB390]

Which parameter do I have to adapt to get a better agreement with the measurements?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Matthias