[Gate-users] Reflection in z axis of voxelised phantoms

Twyman, Robert robert.twyman.18 at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 11 13:02:07 CEST 2020

Dear GATE users,

I am working on simulating XCAT phantom PET scans in GATE using the STIR-GATE-Connection (https://github.com/UCL/STIR-GATE-Connection). In this project we recenter/translate the volumes to centre correctly, but perform no rotation or reflections.

I am finding that GATE is reflecting the volumes in z when saving the mu-Map actors (using /gate/actor/getMuMap/save). I have provided more details: https://github.com/UCL/STIR-GATE-Connection/issues/48. I note the same reflection occurs for the SourceMap.

Is there any obvious reason why GATE is reflecting the phantom?

Regards,
Robert Twyman