[Gate-users] Any Examples of reconstruction of SPECT system projection files (.hdr and .sin) using STIR

Kurt V kurtv1 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 00:11:51 CEST 2019

Dear Gate Users,

I have been working to reconstruct a SPECT based detection system in STIR by inputting the projection .sin and .hdr output files directly into stir and reconstructing the image.

There have been some very good presentations on how to perform this task, namely, the 2018 IEEE NSS/MIC talk by Han Gyu Kang 'Image reconstruction of GATE SPECT simulation using STIR'.

Following his methods, i am finding that my reconstructed images are always of low quality and are of point source geometry. I cannot reconstruct any decent images of an actual source geometry (volume source cylinder).

I was wondering, if anyone who has experience with this task would be willing to provide example files of: the GATE macro file, STIR spect interfile and the .hv and .v output files from the reconstruction.

I have tried many different designs/reconstructions and have not had much luck.

If anyone has any experience with reconstruction of GATE output in STIR i was wondering if they could please provide suggestions.

As always thanks all and i appreciate all help,
Kurt Van Delinder, M.Sc, M.Sc, RT(T)