[Gate-users] Stop sending plain text passwords!

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:53:18 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 10:49, Ben Pietras wrote:

> Please stop sending passwords monthly in plain text! If the user forgets their password, set up an reset link system. Very bad practice!

I'm not involved with Gate organisations, but you should direct your
concerns to Mailman rather than Gate:
    https://www.list.org/

That said, I believe that mailman has a setting in the admin interface
about whether or not to send monthly password reminders, with the
default being set to ON.
The list admin should thus be able to switch those notifications off.
But emails will likely continue to be stored in plain text on the
server unless you complain loud enough or send a suitable patch to
Mailman.

Mojca