[Gate-users] phase contrast simulation in analytic phantom geometry

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed May 29 08:13:58 CEST 2019

Hi,
1. There is also the possibility to simulate refraction, see this wiki
section
<http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide:Setting_up_the_physics#X-ray_at_boundary>.
But this will not simulate interference fringes as the phase-contrast
actor. This is the only possibility as far as I know.
2. No, some actors can use non-voxelized geometry. But this actor is only
working on a voxelized image.
3. Not that I'm aware of but that would be a useful tool! With RTK, you can
draw some simple shapes, see e.g. this page
<http://wiki.openrtk.org/index.php/RTK/Scripts/DrawGeometricPhantom>.
Simon