[Gate-users] voxelized source and phantom - error

David Boersma david.boersma at acmit.at
Tue May 21 14:33:26 CEST 2019

Hi Dimitrios,

Before we try anything fancy: all paths for files to be executed/loaded are expected to be given as either absolute path names (starting with "/", e.g. /home/boersma/data/brain_phantom.i33") or relative to the "current working directory" at the time when you give the Gate command. Common mistakes are e.g. to leave out the directory part of the file path, or to run Gate from the wrong directory. In the example that you work on, you should specify the path of the phantom file as "phantom/brain_phantom.i33"; if you would write just "brain_phantom.i33" then I think you would exactly get the error that you quote.

The problem with "Air" not being found could happen if you try to insert the imagevolume *before* the material database has been imported. Where in the script are you putting this code? In principle it should be inside "./macros/VoxelizedPhantom.mac", I think. If you are already doing that, then we need to come up with new ideas. 😊

Good luck,

David B.

(*Not* the author of the example, that is actually David S. I think....)