[Gate-users] some setup problems

Lai, Youfang youfang.lai at mavs.uta.edu
Wed Jan 23 18:35:50 CET 2019

Hi all,
I am new to GATE and I meet with some problems when dealing with the setup of parameters. I looked up to the online forum  but I did not find a solution. If anyone can help me, I really appreciate it. My GATE version is 8.0. GEANT4 version is 10.3.3 The problems are
1, there always is a warning, which says "Event is earlier than earliest event in coincidence presort buffer. Consider using larger buffer." Why would this happen and which parameter I should change to use larger buffer?
2, How can I set the policy of dealing multiple coincidence? The one in the user guide /gate/digitizer/Coincidence/multiPolicy takeAllGoods will prompt errors.
3, How can I set the stop time of the source? For example, if I want to use a source which just lasts for 0s to 1.0s but the data record lasts from 0.0s to 100s.

Best Regards

Youfang
Department of Physics, University of Texas Arlington