[Gate-users] LSO standard PET vs LSO optical PET vs Cherenkov PET vs Some questions

Dania Consuegra dconsuegra88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:40:49 CEST 2018

Dear Gate user

The standard *LSO* –* PET *that I always simulated in order to compare with
my *Cherenkov* – *PET *takes into account just the *511 keV* absorption in
the *LSO* crystal. Is the standard *LSO* –* PET *using GATE….

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert adder

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert readout

/gate/digitizer/Singles/readout/setDepth 4

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert blurring

/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/setResolution 0.26

/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/setEnergyOfReference 511. keV

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert thresholder

/gate/digitizer/Singles/thresholder/setThreshold 350. keV

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert upholder

/gate/digitizer/Singles/upholder/setUphold 650. keV

In order to make some tests I also added to my *LSO* –* PET *the physics
for the *“**o**ptical photons” *processes. Using realistic values of the
*SCINTILLATIONYIELD* and the *FASTTIMECONSTANT *the simulation takes more
than 6 hours just running for *1000 primary events*….

Previously I was able to run 8 E8 in less than a day using 4 cores. ...

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert opticaladder

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert readout

/gate/digitizer/Singles/readout/setDepth 4

Someone had tried to do this before with reasonable results in reasonable
time of GATE simulation ?

Also is not clear to me if when the *“**o**ptical photons” *processes are
added (*Scintillation*), (*Cherenkov**)* or a combination, *GATE* takes the
timing for the first *“optical photons”* in the digitizer or does some
average involving the time of all the *“optical photons”* generated per *511
keV *gamma incident….

I also would like to know if it is possible to set TOF information during
GATE simulation itself as I do for the standard *LSO* –* PET*, for example
with the "Energy of Reference" ....

Any help, I would appreciate it ….

Kind regards,

Dania Consuegra Rodríguez