[Gate-users] Dose calculation/GPU

Ashok Tiwari tiwarias at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 23:54:05 CEST 2018

Hi Anika,

It would be great if some experienced user answer this question. But what I think is, simulating less particles and then calculating the actual dose values seems weird! General idea is: higher the statistics (primaries) better will be the dose result. I have found couple of papers that simulated 1e7-1e10 primaries for the dose point kernels calculations.

In my case, I spent about 2 hours to simulate Ir-192 gamma spectrum for 1e7 primaries (normal pc). If you find any idea to lessen the simulation time let me know as well.

Ashok