[Gate-users] fast Y-90 source error

Allison Craig Allison.Craig at icr.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 14:34:25 CET 2018

Hi Gate users

I am using fasty90 for SPECT scanning.  I am having some unusual errors.  I can run a cylindrical source and phantom with the circular end facing the camera with Tc99m and output an interfile with a circular output as expected.  When I change the isotope to fastY90 my image changes and I am getting an image of a line, I have tried to rotate the phantom (and source) and get two lines instead.  Is there anyone out there working with fasty90 that can shed any light?

My source code looks like:

# D E F I N E  T H E  S O U R C E
#####
/gate/source/addSource SourceConfinement fastY90
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/gps/type Volume
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/gps/shape Cylinder
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/gps/radius 7.25 cm
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/gps/halfz 2.0 cm
#translation from world centre not camera face
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/gps/centre 0. 0. 0. cm
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/attachTo Phantom

/gate/source/SourceConfinement/setActivity 60.0 MBq
/gate/source/SourceConfinement/gps/angtype iso

/gate/source/list

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Allison

Allison Craig
Principal Radioisotope Physicist
Joint Department of Physics
The Royal Marsden NHSFT
Sutton: 0208 642 6011 ext 4141 or (direct line) 0208 661 3715
allison.craig at icr.ac.uk<mailto:allison.craig at icr.ac.uk>

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.