[Gate-users] Postdoc position - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Liang, Joanna Joanna.Liang at cshs.org
Fri Mar 2 22:22:40 CET 2018

Hi all,

The Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIM) Program is a cutting-edge medical imaging software, research and development group at world-renowned Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-established group of research scientists, software engineers and physicians in an exciting, collaborative environment!

The Postdoctoral Scientist is a key, full-time position within our research group. In coordination with senior developers and under the direction of the Research Scientist/Principal Investigator, you will participate in all aspects of the study, which aims to develop novel methods for optimization of advanced coronary PET/CT angiography imaging-including motion correction and image registration. You will work independently on research projects designed by the PI within the area of specialization.

Responsibilities will include:

  *   Development and testing of new image processing and image registration methods
  *   Clinical validation of the study
  *   Writing related peer-reviewed manuscripts in technical journals on the new methods developed in this study

The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science, and experience and interest in medical imaging and health-related sciences.

More specifically, competitive candidates will have:

  *   A Doctorate (PhD) in computer science or related field from an accredited university
  *   Proficiency in C++ programming
  *   Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry
  *   Experience in image processing, image registration, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision processing
  *   Basic system administration skills (Windows, and/or Mac OS X)
  *   4+ years of programming experience
  *   Strong analytical and problem-solving skills

We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a relaxed working environment and flexible hours. For more information about our applications and research, please visit our website: www.cedars-sinai.edu/aim. Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter and code sample to joanna.liang at cshs.org<mailto:joanna.liang at cshs.org>.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Liang

IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.