[Gate-users] Time information written in the root GATE output....

Dania Consuegra dconsuegra88 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:37:40 CEST 2018

Dear Gate user,

As I simulate Cherenkov Photons to make my GATE Singles. I would like to
know if the time information (t1 and t2) written in the root output
correspond to the first Cherenkov Photon detected in each direction or if
it is an integration time of all the ChP per/ 511 keV inicial back to back
gamma, in each direction....

The time information from Singles (t1 and t2) has direct influence in my
one analysis for estimate ChP coincidences and TOF. I use that TOF in the
image reconstruction method MLP (Most likely position) and also for
incorporate TOF in CASToR reconstruction I need to add the difference in
time arrival of the Singels....

Any clarification about what is in fact written in the root Gate output
Singels time information when you are working with Cerenkov Photons, I
would really appreciate....

Kind regards,

Dania Consuegra Rodríguez

Phd student Jožef Stefan Institute