[Gate-users] Absorbed dose only In VOI's

Faical Alaoui-Abdalaoui-Slimani Faical.Alaoui.Abdalaoui.Slimani at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Oct 5 02:07:19 CEST 2017

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your replay.
In my simulation I'm using "DoseActor" to builds 3D images of the energy (edep) and dose deposited in a given volume.

/gate/actor/addActor                               DoseActor  doseDistribution
/gate/actor/doseDistribution/enableEdep     true
/gate/actor/doseDistribution/enableDose     true

In the result I get the 3D image see attached File "Dose Actors.png". (With 1 to 6 represent generator of photons)
1- Please, How can I calculate the deposit Dose in mGy of each voxels because in my case i get only the  spatial distribution of the dose ?
2- I draw the VOI with matlab script and I'm interested in the cumulated dose in this VOI.  the Analyze file is used as input in the simulation (*.hdr/*.img).
Is there any  method to do it directly with Gate ?

Thank you very much for your time.
Best Regards,