[Gate-users] screenshoot

Andreas Menzel am at crystal-photonics.com
Mon May 15 09:29:47 CEST 2017

Dear M. Pharaon,

after looking at your screenshots, I see no reason to suspect a faulty
installation:

* You seem to be using vGate, where a working installation is provided
out-of-the-box. I tested it. It works.

* You run gate from within your (i.e. gate's) home directory,
/home/gate, where there is indeed no material database. This is normal,
and it would never work that way...

So, now you need to find your GateMaterials.db. Luckily, on the
virtualGate virtual machine, it is always located in the user's home
directory, i.e. /home/gate, in the subdirectory Progs/Gate/gate_v7.2

With the above information, you should be able to get your Gate to run
with the instructions in my last e-mail. In case you are not familiar
with Unix/BaSh/GNU/Linux shell environments, I strongly recommend
getting to know them. It will be extremely helpful when you're using Gate.

Good luck!

Andreas Menzel

Am 13.05.2017 um 13:28 schrieb Eng. M Pharaon:

> dear sirs,
>
> i think the problem that I'm facing in GateMaterial.db and
> GateMaterial.cc, it may be due to the installation,
>
> if any one is using Gate on Linux can send me a screen shoot of hard
> desk were the Gate folder , GateMaterials.db and GateMaterials.cc
> files are located .
>
> Regards
>
> P.S: is there any learning files except the userGide?
> ****
> *M. Pharaon*
> *Nuclear Engineer *
> **

Dr. Andreas Menzel

Crystal Photonics GmbH
Albert Einstein Straße 16
D - 12489 Berlin
Germany

FAX.: +49 (0) 30 34669299

am at crystal-photonics.com
www.crystal-photonics.com
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Schwenkenbecher
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 99822B
Steuer-Nr.: 37/109/21041
VAT-No.: DE 814612031