[Gate-users] Σχετ: GATE v8.0 compilation instructions - clarifications?

Konstantinos P. Chatzipapas, MSc konhat88 at yahoo.gr
Tue Jul 25 09:43:11 CEST 2017

Hello Ed,
About the second thing that you asked, the flag   GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP=ON   means that you want to use a version of CLHEP that you have installed by yourself. When set to OFF, it means that the compilation uses the CLHEP that is included in the installation of GEANT4.
Kind regards,Konstantinos ----------------------------------------------------- Konstantinos Chatzipapas
    Medical Physicist, MSc
       University of Patras
    web page: Physics Magazine

    Στις 9:24 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 24 Ιουλίου 2017, ο/η Edwin Leung <ekleung at ucdavis.edu> έγραψε:

 Hi all,
I'm in the process of compiling and validating GATE v8.0 and I notice there were some changes in the documentation and I have some questions:
1. ITK is now listed as required in the Package Required section (http://wiki.opengatecollabora tion.org/index.php/ Compilation_Instructions_V8.0) . Is it actually required - or can I just keep the ITK compilation flag off when compiling GATE v8.0? I didn't have any compilation error when the flag was turned off so I wanted to double check that was okay.
2. The Geant4 section states that GEANT4_INSTALL_DATA and GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP are mandatory, which appears to contradict with the earlier statement from the CLHEP section "Since the GATE V7.0 release, users can use the CLHEP embedded within each Geant4 distribution. This case, the CMAKE flag GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP, which is OFF by default, must stay OFF." Can I keep GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP off? Again there were no compilation error so I would like to make sure I installed GATE correctly.
Many thanks,
Gate-users mailing list
Gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org