[Gate-users] compiling GATE, error "atomic_TClass_ptr"

Machiel Kolstein mkolstein at ifae.es
Wed Apr 19 12:33:04 CEST 2017

Hallo David,

Thanks for your fast reply. To answer your questions:
1) I use ROOT version 6.08, so this might be part of the problem. As a
matter of fact, I first tried to compile a version of ROOT myself which
didn't compile either so now I have a used a distribution containing
ready-made binaries (root_v6.08.06.Linux-ubuntu16-x86_64-gcc5.4.tar.gz).
I could try compiling with earlier versions of ROOT if you think that would
help
2) However, I also have gcc version 5.4.0, so this might be a problem too.
3) I don't have any particular reason to use version 7.1. Ironically, I
selected 7.1 thinking since it is not the newest version, it might be more
stable. However, if you think version 8.0 is the way to go, I am happy to
try that. When will this be available?

Cheers,

Machiel

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM, David Boersma <david.boersma at physics.uu.se