[Gate-users] error in installation of GATE 7.2

Mathieu Dupont mdupont at cppm.in2p3.fr
Tue May 3 10:42:28 CEST 2016

Hi Maryam,

I guess you tried to install the version 10.2 of geant4. Cmake is
telling you that your version of gcc is too old. According to
http://geant4.web.cern.ch/geant4/support/ReleaseNotes4.10.2.html, geant4
10.2 is tested against gcc 4.8.3.

Which version of ubuntu or fedora are you using ? Maybe can you install a
newer version of gcc ? Or using the version 7.1 of Gate.

For CLHEP, it is easier to use the embedded version from Geant4 (which is
activated by default)

On 03/05/2016 09:26, Maryam Fallahpoor wrote:

> hi,
> I'm trying to install GATE 7.2, both in ubuntu and fedora, all required
packages are installed and cmake appropriate version is installed as well.
> but when i want to install Geant4 (or CLHEP), i encountered with an error
that i copied it here, also because i required packages are installed, it
doesn't seem that the problem is due to update issues.
> is there any one that can tell me explicitly how i can solve this problem
and continue installation?
> thanks in advance.
>

> error of Geant4:
>    Make Error at cmake/Modules/Geant4MacroLibraryTargets.cmake:111
> (target_compile_features):
>     The compiler feature "cxx_alias_templates" is not known to CXX compiler
>
>     "GNU"
>
>     version 4.4.2.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>     cmake/Modules/Geant4MacroLibraryTargets.cmake:300
(GEANT4_LIBRARY_TARGET)
>     source/analysis/CMakeLists.txt:30 (GEANT4_GLOBAL_LIBRARY_TARGET)
>

> CMake Error at cmake/Modules/Geant4MacroLibraryTargets.cmake:111
> (target_compile_features):
>     The compiler feature "cxx_alias_templates" is not known to CXX compiler
>
>     "GNU"
>
> and for CLHEP the error is:
> -- libraries will be installed in /home/shima/Shima/Gate7.2/2.3.1.1-install/
lib
> -- cmake build type is RelWithDebInfo
> CMake Error at cmake/Modules/ClhepVariables.cmake:123 (message):
>    c++11 extension is not available for /usr/lib64/ccache/c++
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    cmake/Modules/ClhepVariables.cmake:204 (_clhep_verify_cxx11)
>    cmake/Modules/ClhepVariables.cmake:255 (_clhep_check_cxxstd)
>    CMakeLists.txt:85 (clhep_set_compiler_flags)

> See also "/home/shima/Shima/Gate7.2/2.3.1.1-build/CMakeFiles/
CMakeOutput.log".