[Gate-users] Removing processes from Physics Lists

Andreas Franz Resch andreas.resch at meduniwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 7 17:50:36 CET 2016

Am 07.03.2016 15:49, schrieb Bissell, Sophie:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  I'm very new to Gate and I'm having some difficulties with the
> Physics List Builder mechanism. I'm trying to use the empenelope list
> using the command:
>
>  /gate/physics/addPhysicsList empenelope
>
>  I am then trying to make adjustments to this list as I do not need
> all of the processes included in empenelope. I have tried using the
> method recommended in the user guide for example removing muon
> ionisation shown below
>
>  /gate/physics/removeProcess MuIonisation Mu+
>
>  I have also tried variations of this command, using [MuIonisation],
> [Mu+] and lower case mu+. I have additionally tried unSetModel but
> nothing seems to work. I still see muon ionisation in the printed list
> of initialized processes.
>
>  Can anyone offer any advice as to whether processes can be removed
> from the existing Physics List Builder? Or do I need to build a list
> from scratch? Thanks very much for any help you can give.
>
>  Kind regards
>  Sophie

Hi Sophie,

which version of Gate are you using?

In version 7.1 I observed the same as you and finally created my own
physics list in the Geant4 source code. But this is not straight forward
and I do not recommend it if you do not absolutely need it. I have a
document with some vague guidelines how to create a new physics list
without explaining how to change them and if you need them, I can send
them to you.

you may also look here:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.science.opengate.user/5322

Kind regards,