[Gate-users] GPU simulation exception

Zakarumit.Z at seznam.cz Zakarumit.Z at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 22 09:08:04 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have created a simple PET geometry with voxel phantom that already works
when run on CPU. Hovewer, I would like to try GPU acceleration as well, but
when I modify the code and run it, I receive following error:

 :: Stacks init
 :: Materials init
 :: Phantom init
 :: Activities init
 :: Start GPU
 ::   Rnd ok
 ::   Generation ok
WARNING - GPU reachs max step
 ::   Tracking ok
 :: Stop GPU (time 1.734591e-01 s)

-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------
*** G4Exception : GeomNav0003
      issued by : G4PhantomParameterisation::GetReplicaNo()
Point outside voxels!
        localPoint - (-nan,-nan,-nan) - is outside container solid: pacient_
solid

*** Fatal Error In Argument *** core dump ***
-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------

*** G4Exception: Aborting execution ***

I thought it might be just me making a mistake somewhere but I receive
exactly the same error when launching GPU PET macro from the example folder.
I am grateful for any advice regarding the matter and what might be causing
it. Using GATE 7.2.

Best regards,

Jiri Ters

Czech Technical University in Prague