[Gate-users] information PET_Analyse

Pietrzyk, Uwe u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jun 14 18:24:03 CEST 2016

Dear Debora Lamia,

I understood, that you are referring to the PET_Analyse.C in directory
example_ROOT_analyse!? The commented lines for Singles Hits Gate are
only useful, when using this module for analysing a Gate run, where you
have filled in these branches.

Hence, if you did NOT add lines like

/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert adder
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert readout
/gate/digitizer/Singles/readout/setDepth 1

then you cannot expect to find singles in a singles branch of the ROOT-file.

Also you need lines like

# O U T P U T

/gate/output/root/enable
/gate/output/root/setFileName benchmarkPET
/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlag 0
/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag 1
/gate/output/root/setRootCoincidencesFlag 1
/gate/output/root/setRootdelayFlag 1

to direct GATE to write the respective information into the ROOT-file

It may be helpful for you to also look into the benchmarks to get
an idea how the instructions to GATE match the analysis with
the root-macro.

Concerning the randoms you have to increase the activity considerably,
but in order to avoid long simulation times you may at the same time reduce the
total simulation duration like:

# S T A R T
/gate/application/setTimeSlice     0.1 s

#or even a lower value depending on the activity, like
/gate/application/setTimeSlice     0.01 s

/gate/application/setTimeStart     0. s
/gate/application/setTimeStop      1. s

/gate/application/startDAQ

in order to see the progress of the simulation!

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Uwe Pietrzyk

/----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Uwe Pietrzyk
Diplom-Physiker
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin / INM-4
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Tel: +49-2461-61 4763
Fax: +49-2461-61 2820
Mobil: +49-162-103-4871
eMail: U.Pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de<mailto:U.Pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de>
http://www.fz-juelich.de/inm/inm-4/DE/Home/home_node.html
&
Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Fakultät für Mathematik und Naturwissenschaften
Büro:  D.08.01
Gaußstr. 20
42097 Wuppertal
Tel: +49-(0)202-439-3523