[Gate-users] Installation Gate_v7.2

ευαγγελια τζαμπαζιδου eva.tzabazidou at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:53:27 CEST 2016

Dear Gate users,

I'm trying to install Gate_v7.2 on Ubuntu 16.04LTS on virtual box machine.
I'm also using gcc 5.4.0, geant4.10.2 and root 6.06.06. I have followed all
the steps of the compilation instructions, I have installed already all the
package requirements, clhep2.3.2.2, root_v6.06.06, geant4.10.2 and when I'm
trying to install gate_v7.2,in command ''ccmake ../gate_7.2'' I get this
error when I press c to configure:

 Root not found! Please install Root and make it available in PATH

 Your current Geant4 version is 10.2.1

I have checked from the terminal that root does exist and runs normally. If
anyone has any tips or pointers, they would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.