[Gate-users] installation error on mac

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:53:09 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Tuoyu Cao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install the newest version of GATE (7.1) on my mac (os 10.10). Root(6.02) and Geant4(10.01) are installed without problem. But when I try to install GATE, I got error messages (all default settings)

Does Gate even work with ROOT 6? (I never bothered trying.)

You can check the mailing list archive. This has been a known problem
since the release of geant4.10.01.p01.

The easiest workaround is to install geant4.10.01 (without the patch) from:
    http://geant4.web.cern.ch/geant4/support/source/geant4.10.01.tar.gz

Alternatively you can try one of the following:
- apply the following patch to Gate:
    http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/science/gate/files/patch-source-physics-GateVSource.diff?rev=135909
- try installing Gate via MacPorts ("sudo port install gate" once you
have MacPorts up and running)
- wait until the problem gets fixed in the git repository for Gate and
retry then again

Mojca