[Gate-users] Adding material LYSO to Materials.xml

Devin VanElburg vanelbud at tbh.net
Wed Jun 10 20:46:59 CEST 2015

>From what I see, the only scintillating material predefined in GATE is
LSO. I also have been attempting to do scintillation simulations with
LYSO. All I did was copy the LSO data, and change SCINTILLATIONYIELD to
32000 photons/MeV, FASTTIMECONSTANT to 41 ns, and RINDEX to 1.81 (hardly
a difference).

I kept RESOLUTIONSCALE, YIELDRATIO, and ABSLENGTH the same as LSO. I
suppose I share the same question as you, Ida. What have people been
using for these other values?

Cheers,
Devin Van Elburg
----------------------------
Physics w/ c/ Biomedical Physics
Lakehead University

>>> Alex Vergara Gil  06/10/15 10:32 AM >>>
AFAIK LYSO is a crystal like material, so it is already used in the
crystalSD detector, please correct me if I am wrong. So it is better
used that way because Geant4 can simulate all kind of crystalline
effects and it will be more realistic approach.

Regards
Alex

> Dear gaters,
>
> I have just installed version 7.1 of Gate and am including the
material
> LYSO in the database. First of all, I found previous posts indicating
the
> definition in GateMaterials.db was not correct, and have thus changed
it
> to:
>
> LYSO:   d=7.36 g/cm3; n=4 ; state=Solid
>         +el: name=Lutetium; f=0.714467891
>         +el: name=Yttrium; f=0.04033805
>         +el: name=Silicon; f=0.063714272
>         +el: name=Oxygen; f=0.181479788
>
> I also want to add the optical properties of the material to
Materials.xml.