[Gate-users] A point source aimed down the X-Axis?

Devin VanElburg vanelbud at tbh.net
Wed Jun 10 16:41:55 CEST 2015

Hello David,

The default position of the viewer is:
/vis/viewer/set/viewpointThetaPhi 0 0
/vis/viewer/panTo 0.0 0.0

You can get a better view of what's going on by changing these values.

As for the cone, try something like:
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/mintheta 67.5 deg
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/maxtheta 112.5 deg
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/minphi 157.5 deg
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/maxphi 202.5 deg

That should restrict your source to a 45 deg cone shape in the x
direction.

Cheers,
Devin Van Elburg
-------------------------
Physics w/ c/ Biomedical Physics
Lakehead University

>>> David Mills  06/10/15 10:09 AM >>>
Hello,

I’m still getting to grips with Gate, but I’m having trouble wrapping my
head around the geometry.

I want to have a point source stuck to one wall of my mainbox, sending a
cone shaped beam of gamma particles towards a thin filter. Cone angle of
45 degrees. I think what I’ve got is a beam pointing out along the +Z
direction instead. Is there any interactive way to drag the volume
around in the viewer to see the different planes?

This is what I have so far, any advice would be gladly received.

~~~~~~
# World
/gate/world/geometry/setXLength 0.75 m
/gate/world/geometry/setYLength 0.75 m
/gate/world/geometry/setZLength 0.75 m
/gate/world/setMaterial Air

# Global Box
/gate/world/daughters/name             mainbox
/gate/world/daughters/insert           box
/gate/mainbox/geometry/setXLength      0.5 m
/gate/mainbox/geometry/setYLength      0.5 m
/gate/mainbox/geometry/setZLength      0.5 m
/gate/mainbox/placement/setTranslation 0 0 0 cm
/gate/mainbox/setMaterial Air
/gate/mainbox/vis/setVisible 1
/gate/mainbox/vis/setColor blue

# Filter
/gate/mainbox/daughters/name    alu_slice
/gate/mainbox/daughters/insert  box
/gate/alu_slice/geometry/setXLength 0.5 mm
/gate/alu_slice/geometry/setYLength 0.5 m
/gate/alu_slice/geometry/setZLength 0.5 m
/gate/alu_slice/placement/setTranslation -0.125 0 0 m
/gate/alu_slice/setMaterial Aluminium
/gate/alu_slice/vis/setVisible 1
/gate/alu_slice/vis/setColor red

# source
/gate/source/addSource mybeam gps
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/particle gamma
###spectrum stuff removed for brevity
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/position       -0.25 0 0 m
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/type Point
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/type iso
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/mintheta 89 deg
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/maxtheta 91 deg
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/minphi   45 deg
/gate/source/mybeam/gps/ang/maxphi  135 deg

Regards,
David

--
Dr. David Mills