[Gate-users] Adding material LYSO to Materials.xml

Ida Häggström ida.haggstrom at umu.se
Wed Jun 10 15:07:22 CEST 2015

Dear gaters,

I have just installed version 7.1 of Gate and am including the material
LYSO in the database. First of all, I found previous posts indicating the
definition in GateMaterials.db was not correct, and have thus changed it to:

LYSO:   d=7.36 g/cm3; n=4 ; state=Solid
        +el: name=Lutetium; f=0.714467891
        +el: name=Yttrium; f=0.04033805
        +el: name=Silicon; f=0.063714272
        +el: name=Oxygen; f=0.181479788

I also want to add the optical properties of the material to Materials.xml.
Does anyone have proper values for the RINDEX, ABSLENGTH, YIELDRATIO,
FASTCOMPONENT... etc? I think I can probably find values of the
SCINTILLATIONYIELD and also the FASTTIMECONSTANT, but the others I'm not
sure of.

Thanks in advance! Sincerely,
Ida