[Gate-users] [Gate-devel] problem with parametrised collimator setup ...

Alex Vergara Gil alexvergaragil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:40:08 CEST 2015

Dear Uwe

I have tried your example with the last update on Gate's git branch
develop and I can reproduce your bug

GATE object:        'systems/SPECThead'
Components:

GATE object:        'systems/SPECThead/base'
Attached to volume: SPECThead
Nb of children:       1

        GATE object:        'systems/SPECThead/crystal'
        Attached to volume: crystal
        Nb of children:       1

                GATE object:        'systems/SPECThead/pixel'
                Attached to volume: ---
[Physic-0] The following Geant4's physic-list is enabled :emstandard
[Core-0] Initialization of geometry
GateVVolume.cc (l.189): The material of the volume hole is not defined.
                Nb of children:       0
tems/SPECThead/pixel'
                Attached to volume: ---

It seems something related to the SPECThead system since it is declared in

alex at alex-kubuntu:~/Gate/Correr/fanbeam
collimator/FanBeam_Gamma_Camera/FanBeam_Gamma_Camera$ grep -r 'hole'
colli_parallelbeam.mac:#specify the hole radius
colli_parallelbeam.mac:#distance between the holes
camera_FB.mac:#set the septal thickness to the required distance
between the holes
camera_FB.mac:#specify the hole radius
camera_PB.mac:#specify the hole radius
camera_PB.mac:#distance between the holes
colli_fanbeam.mac:#set the septal thickness to the required distance
between the holes
colli_fanbeam.mac:#specify the hole radius
camera_FB_save.mac:#set the septal thickness to the required distance
between the holes
camera_FB_save.mac:#specify the hole radius
camera_FB_save.mac:#set the septal thickness to the required distance
between the holes
camera_FB_save.mac:#specify the hole radius
camera_Tc.mac:# Insert the first hole of air in the collimator
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/collimator/daughters/name                           hole
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/geometry/setHeight
         3. cm
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/geometry/setRadius
         .15 cm
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/placement/setRotationAxis                      0 1 0
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/placement/setRotationAngle                     90 deg
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/setMaterial
                 Air
camera_Tc.mac:# Repeat the hole in an array
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/repeaters/insert
         cubicArray
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatNumberX                    1
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatNumberY                    52
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatNumberZ                    44
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatVector
 0. 0.36  0.624 cm
camera_Tc.mac:# Repeat these holes in a linear
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/repeaters/insert
         linear
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/linear/setRepeatNumber
         2
camera_Tc.mac:/gate/hole/linear/setRepeatVector
         0. 0.18 0.312 cm
camera_I_131.mac:# Insert the first hole of air in the collimator
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/collimator/daughters/name
         hole
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/geometry/setHeight
         5. cm
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/geometry/setRadius
         .15 cm
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/placement/setRotationAxis                   0 1 0
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/placement/setRotationAngle                  90 deg
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/setMaterial
                         Air
camera_I_131.mac:# Repeat the hole in an array
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/repeaters/insert
         cubicArray
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatNumberX
         1
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatNumberY
         52
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatNumberZ
         44
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/cubicArray/setRepeatVector
 0. 0.36  0.624 cm
camera_I_131.mac:# Repeat these holes in a linear
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/repeaters/insert
         linear
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/linear/setRepeatNumber
         2
camera_I_131.mac:/gate/hole/linear/setRepeatVector
         0. 0.18 0.312 cm

I will take a look to this, but if someone has any hints it would be
of great help

Regards
Alex