[Gate-users] SENSITIVITY-PET

LORENA VAZQUEZ CANELAS lorena.vazquez at usal.es
Thu Feb 12 12:51:28 CET 2015

Dear Gaters,

I am currently trying to measure the sensitivity of PET. I did my macro
according NEMA NU 2-2007 and then the sensitivity is the number of
coincidences divided by activity of source.
The data output are in ROOT and so I wrote:
# ROOT OUTPUT FORMAT
/gate/output/root/enable
/gate/output/root/setFileName             ROOT
/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlag          0
/gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag      0
/gate/output/root/setRootCoincidencesFlag 1
/gate/output/root/setRootdelayFlag        0

Only active with a 1, because I think it is all that I need to measure the
sensitivity.
My problem is that I don't recognize (in ROOT) the value of coincidences.
If It is "eventID#", "crystalID#" or other value...
The sensitivity of my PET is 9.5cps/KBq and I use a source 1.8MBq type
"twogamma". With my data output (~500cps/KBq) I get nearly 50 times the
real value.
Has anyone ever calculated the sensitivity? you know?

Thank you in advance,
Lorena
--

LORENA VÁZQUEZ CANELAS