[Gate-users] MacPorts and Benchmarks

Brooks, Frank fjbrooks at wustl.edu
Mon Dec 7 17:47:25 CET 2015

Hello All,

I've just installed Gate on OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks) via MacPorts. The installation appears to have worked, however, when I went to validate the installation via "Idle> /control/execute benchmarkPET.mac" I got:

"ERROR: Can not open a macro file <benchmarkPET.mac>. Set macro path with "/control/macroPath" if needed."

This has lead to two questions.

1) Are the benchmarks installed in the latest MacPorts version? I've searched my /opt and /usr directories in every way I know how and cannot locate a benchmarks folder or the file "benchmarkPET.mac".

2) What is the correct usage of the /control/macroPath command? I tried to run a macro that I could find by first setting the macroPath:

/control/macroPath "/opt/local/share/doc/gate/examples/example_PET"

which gave no error but then when I ran "/control/execute PET_CylindricalPET_System.mac" I get an error similar to before:

"Can not open a macro file <PET_CylindricalPET_System.mac>. Set macro path with "/control/macroPath" if needed."

Clearly, I do not understand how the pathing in Gate works. I would be grateful for any advice toward finding the missing benchmarks and/or setting the macropath correctly.

Sincerely,
Frank