[Gate-users] Adding G4MTRunManager Support to GATE

Alex Vergara Gil alexvergaragil at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:51:52 CEST 2015

Dear Marc

I have updated a lot of code adding support for G4MTRunManager, but in
several places gate code uses pointer casts to get G4RunManager
singleton instance to manage the run like the line

G4RunManager* runManager = G4RunManager::GetRunManager();

Is it correct my update to

#ifdef G4MULTITHREADED
    G4MTRunManager* runManager = G4MTRunManager::GetMasterRunManager();
#else
    G4RunManager* runManager = G4RunManager::GetRunManager();
#endif
??

In other cases there is a typecast like
const G4Run* currentRun = G4RunManager::GetRunManager()->GetCurrentRun();

So again, Is it correct my update to

#ifdef G4MULTITHREADED
    const G4Run* currentRun = G4MTRunManager::GetRunManager()->GetCurrentRun();
#else
    const G4Run* currentRun = G4RunManager::GetRunManager()->GetCurrentRun();
#endif
??

I feel I am missing something here, however the code compiles fine but the error

        [G4-cerr]
-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------
*** G4Exception : Run3011
      issued by : G4MTRunManager::SetUserAction()
For multi-threaded version, define G4UserEventAction in
G4VUserActionInitialization.
*** Fatal Exception *** core dump ***
-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------

        [G4-cerr]
        [G4-cerr] *** G4Exception: Aborting execution ***

remains on launching Gate

Regards
Alex