[Gate-users] problem with assigning a shape to a new volume

Mikhail Polkovnikov mikhail.polkovnikov at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:14:18 CEST 2014

On 07.09.2014 10:22, Ali User wrote:
> Dear polkovinkov
>
> Thank you so much for your reply to my question of:
>
> /After I enter following commands in vGate_2.1:
> >
> > *Idle> gate/world/daughters/name XXX*
> > *Idle> gate/world/daughters/insert box*
> >
> > I face this error:
> >
> > */home/gate/Progs/Gate/gate_v6.2/source/geometry/src/GateMaterialDatabase.cc
> > (l.132): GateMaterialDatabase: could not find the definition for material
> > 'Vacuum' in material files*
> >
> > And once I enter*Idle> /gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase
> GateMaterials.db*
> > following message appears
> >
> > *-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------*
> > **** G4Exception : GateMDBFile*
> > *      issued by : GateMDBFile::GateMDBFile*
> > *Could not find material database file 'GateMaterials.db'*
> > **** Fatal Exception *** core dump ****
> > *-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------*
> >
> > the result is the same when I type *Idle>
> > /gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase data/GateMaterials.db*
> >
> /
> /> what is the problem? and how can I solve this problem to define my
> volume?/
>
> but as I mentioned earlier, I am working with vGate (virtual Gate) not
> Gate. By that I mean vGate is a pack that is run by virtual machine,
> therefore i don't have access to modify it. Do you have any idea how
> to solve my problem in vGate?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help
Hi,

There are two files in VGate 2.1 in /home/gate/Progs/Gate/gate_v6.2
directory: GateMaterials.db, Materials.xml

so you can use in your macro as

/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase
/home/gate/Progs/Gate/gate_v6.2/GateMaterials.db

or if your have a macro file in gate_v6.2 directory

/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase GateMaterials.db

Best regards,
Mikhail