[Gate-users] problem with assigning a shape to a new volume (Ali User)

Mikhail Polkovnikov mikhail.polkovnikov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:23:28 CEST 2014

On 04.09.2014 13:49, gate-users-request at lists.opengatecollaboration.org
wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:22:51 +0430
> From: Ali User<gateuser2014 at gmail.com>
> To:gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org
> Subject: [Gate-users] problem with assigning a shape to a new volume
>
> Hi every body,
>
> After I enter following commands in vGate_2.1:
>
> *Idle> gate/world/daughters/name XXX*
> *Idle> gate/world/daughters/insert box*
>
> I face this error:
>
> */home/gate/Progs/Gate/gate_v6.2/source/geometry/src/GateMaterialDatabase.cc
> (l.132): GateMaterialDatabase: could not find the definition for material
> 'Vacuum' in material files*
>
> And once I enter*Idle> /gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase GateMaterials.db*
>   following message appears
>
> *-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------*
> **** G4Exception : GateMDBFile*
> *      issued by : GateMDBFile::GateMDBFile*
> *Could not find material database file 'GateMaterials.db'*
> **** Fatal Exception *** core dump ****
> *-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------*
>
> the result is the same when I type *Idle>
> /gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase data/GateMaterials.db*
>
> what is the problem? and how can I solve this problem to define my volume?
>
> Thank you
Hello,

Try copy the GateMaterials.db to the folder there are your project macro
files, and try something like:

/vis/disable

/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase    GateMaterials.db

/gate/world/geometry/setXLength       400. cm
/gate/world/geometry/setYLength       400. cm
/gate/world/geometry/setZLength       400. cm

/gate/run/initialize