[Gate-users] problem with assigning a shape to a new volume

Ali User gateuser2014 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:52:51 CEST 2014

Hi every body,

After I enter following commands in vGate_2.1:

*Idle> gate/world/daughters/name XXX*
*Idle> gate/world/daughters/insert box*

I face this error:

*/home/gate/Progs/Gate/gate_v6.2/source/geometry/src/GateMaterialDatabase.cc
(l.132): GateMaterialDatabase: could not find the definition for material
'Vacuum' in material files*

And once I enter *Idle> /gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase GateMaterials.db*
 following message appears

*-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------*
**** G4Exception : GateMDBFile*
*      issued by : GateMDBFile::GateMDBFile*
*Could not find material database file 'GateMaterials.db'*
**** Fatal Exception *** core dump ****
*-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------*

the result is the same when I type *Idle>
/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase data/GateMaterials.db*

what is the problem? and how can I solve this problem to define my volume?

Thank you