[Gate-users] How to print the number of tracked events whit gate code is running

Jérôme Suhard jerome at suhard.fr
Wed Nov 12 12:55:53 CET 2014

Hi,

Gate >= 7.0 understands the SIGUSR2 signal. When it receives it, it shows
on the terminal an one line status "Run ID: 1 / 2 ; Event ID: 123 / 4563 ..
[5%]"

Just type the following command in another terminal:
$ killall -SIGUSR2 Gate
it finds all running instances of Gate and sends them the SIGUSR2 signal.

On Mac OS X, just typing Ctrl + T on the Gate terminal which gives the same
result.

> Hi there,
>
> I want to see the number of events tracked while running the gate code. In
> Geant4, we can observe it with, e.g,  /run/printProgress 100000 , but it
> doesn't work for gate. Does anyone have any idea on this?
>
> Thanks
> -Soman

Jérôme Suhard