[Gate-users] meaning of special cuts commands

Grevillot Loic loic.grevillot at medaustron.at
Fri Jun 6 09:45:59 CEST 2014

Hi Cheng,

You right, below MinRange or MinEnergy, the tracking of the particle is stopped and energy is deposited locally.
Geant4 uses "cuts" in distance: as you define geometries in mm/cm, it is easier to define consistent "cuts" in distances.
However, there is obviously a correlation between particle range and particle kinetic energy and if preferred, you can use "cuts" in energy.
This is also useful for cross comparisons with other MC codes which define "cuts" in energy only.

Hope this helps.
Loic