[Gate-users] Proton Therapy Simulation

Edward Smith edwardaksmith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 13:55:22 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to model a linear energy transfer for a proton beam and for this
I need energy deposited for each step and the step's length. I've been
reading through the online user manual and I'm not sure if this is
possible? From what I've understood to get this data I would need to define
everything within a system.  I've tried using the scanner system and
attaching a crystalSD as a work out but it's failed to work.

Is there any way I can use GATE to do this?

Regards,

Edward