[Gate-users] Geant4.9.5.p02 problem with the installation using cmake

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 23:01:41 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Michal Knap wrote:
> I did as You told and i get this:
>
>  CMake Error at
> /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91
> (MESSAGE):
>    Could NOT find CLHEP:
>
>    CLHEP Header Path Not Found
>
>    CLHEP Library Not Found
>
>    Incompatible versions, (found) < 2.1.0.1(required)
>
>     (missing:  CLHEP_LIBRARY CLHEP_INCLUDE_DIR) (Required is at least
> version "2.1.0.1")
>  Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:252
> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>    cmake/Modules/FindCLHEP.cmake:238 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>    cmake/Modules/Geant4OptionalComponents.cmake:41 (find_package)
>    CMakeLists.txt:79 (include)
>
> What is wrong this time?

I use the following options to compile with system's clhep (or a local
installation of CLHEP that may be located anywhere as long as the path
is provided):

    -DGEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP=ON \
    -DCLHEP_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE=${prefix}/bin/clhep-config \
    -DCLHEP_INCLUDE_DIR=${prefix}/include \
    -DCLHEP_LIBRARY=${prefix}/lib/libCLHEP.dylib

(where you need to replace ${prefix} with the actual place where you
have CLHEP installed).

The following is not true:
> System clhep means you have your own clhep.

This used to be the case in Gate a while ago (not in Geant4), but Gate
fixed this recently as well.

If you want to build the built-in CLHEP, you actually need to run
    [c]cmake ../geant4.9.5-p02 -DGEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP=OFF
or set that variable in the installer. But last time I tried, the
built-in CLHEP from Geant4 wasn't sufficient for Gate for some reason.

It doesn't help you to export PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You need to
set the proper variables either in ccmake or as command-line arguments
to cmake.

Mojca