[Gate-users] Re-Compiling VGate to include Optical

Vesna Cuplov vesna.cuplov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:33:21 CET 2014

Hello Amy,

I realised that I did not answer to the entire mailing list.

To compile VGate you should do the following:

   - Go in the GATE build directory: gate.6.2-build
   - Launch the ccmake command to the gate_v6.2 source directory: ccmake
   ../gate_v6.2
   - A window will pop up. This will allow you to set the Optical Flag ON.
   Follow what is written on the bottom of that window: something like 'press
   c' (to configure), then scroll down to Optical Flag and press enter in
   order to switch OFF to ON, ..... then do 'generate and exit'.
   - make clean
   - make -jN (N would be the number of processors in your computer)
   - sudo su -
   - The password that is asked is the same as the one needed to launch the
   GATE virtual box.

   - make install

That should work.

vesna