[Gate-users] Geometry - Defining a volume as one 'minus' another

Alejandro Coloma alejandrocolomae at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:08:47 CET 2014

Amy, you can define your cylinder as the mother volume (let's say, a
cylinder made of water) with a thin box as the daughter volume. The
material of this box has to be air.

Hope it helps!

2014/1/2 Amy Meldrum <ameldru at g.clemson.edu>

> Hello GATE users,
> I am currently writing my first simulation and am wondering about geometry
> definitions. What I am trying to define is a volume that covers a circular
> surface, with a square 'hole', essentially a thin cylinder 'minus' a thin
> box. Is defining a volume like this possible?
> Thank you,
> -Amy
> _______________________________________________
> Gate-users mailing list
> Gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org
> http://lists.opengatecollaboration.org/mailman/listinfo/gate-users
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.opengatecollaboration.org/mailman/private/gate-users/attachments/20140102/aa4e126c/attachment.html>

More information about the Gate-users mailing list