[Gate-users] Multiple Cold Sources

Amy Meldrum ameldru at g.clemson.edu
Tue Aug 12 16:26:06 CEST 2014

Hello Gate users,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have multiple cold sources.
Ideally, I would like my 'cold area' to be a volume that I have repeated a
number of times in my geometry. However, when I visualize the source to
confirm that the cold area works, only the initial volume is seen as a
'cold area,' and not any of the volumes created with the repeater.

How might I go about having multiple cold areas? I will eventually have a
large number, and so I hope I can do this with a repeated volume.

Ultimately my geometry will be many layers of spheres in a cylinder. I wish
my source to be located only in the area in the cylinder that is NOT taken
up by the spheres.

Please help, I am trying to do this for my research project.

Thank you,

-Amy