[Gate-users] Questions about SPECT simulation and Basics about GATE

Tasneem Rahman Tasneem.Rahman at student.adfa.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 08:52:56 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I am planning to use GATE for SPECT simulation. I don't have any prior knowledge about this software.
So I perhaps have some silly questions in my mind as follows. Please feel free to answer my questions and correct me from your view.

1.       GATE can only be operated in Linux. So which linux is good? RedHat? SuSe? Or are there any other you are using comfortably?

2.       How long it takes for SPECT simulation usually? And does it depend on computer configuration? If yes then what sort of configuration I should go for?

3.       Can i get and save Sinogram data?

4.       Is GATE able to produce reconstruction image too for SPECT? If yes then what type of reconstruction algorithm are there to use?

5.       Finally can I make my model independently? Or each time i need to choose only the conventional one?

I know these questions may bother you a bit. But for a beginner hope you understand my perspective of being silly :).

I appreciate in advance for your co-operations.

Cheers,
Tasneem